Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thank You, From the Doorman (And What Else You Can Do)


I've reached the end of my crowd funding campaign with a grand total of $1,440. Though I didn't reach my ultimate goal, I'm eternally grateful for all of the submission that came in. I saw donations from family, friends, family friends, old colleagues, and finally - my readers. That last one amazes me the most. I just typed out and deleted about ten mushy sentences about how I never expected to be here and blah blah blah blah. None of it really fits in with the body of work that I've posted here over the past year, so I'll just put it simply - thank you, from the bottom of my cold, jaded, doorman heart. I will make you proud.

If you weren't able to donate but still want to help out, you can! Next Thursday the 25th, I will be holding an open-bar fundraiser at Pier 76 on Staten Island, NY. 

Yes, Staten Island. Don't panic. It's just a short ferry ride away, conveniently located right across the street from the terminal. I would recommend making the trip just for the pizza alone. Seriously, best pizza in NYC. 

I'll be there from 7-10pm, where there will be a $40 open bar that includes booze (no shots) and unlimited pizza (I'm serious about the fucking pizza, it's amazing). There will be a 50/50 drawing and a donation box at the door. Come by and have a beer with me. Bring friends. All are welcome. If you don't want to do the open bar, that's fine! Just pop in and say hi. And have a slice of pizza. 

MMMMM, pizza!!! 

We begin shooting April 29th and wrap on May 5th. All the roles have been cast. Crew has been hired. It's happening. By the beginning of June, I'll have my pilot in the can, ready to screen and submit for festivals. If nothing else, I'll have made a fucking movie. I have all 33 of you generous donators of to thank for that.

And, as promised, here are those who chose the "Blog Special Thanks" perk: 

Ian Roberts

Nathan Domino

Wendy Turner 

Thank you so much!!! 

Love, 

Doorman 

PS - Pier 76, located at 76 Bay St (across from the SI Ferry) has amazing pizza. 

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad I could help somewhat. Wish you had made your goal but still it's a start. Also wish I lived anywhere near the East Coast as well, pizza and booze sounds good. Can't wait to see your video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buddy, what the name you donated under?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that I've seen your face, can I have my money back? I'm kidding, can't wait to see this and if I lived anywhere near NYC I'd see you on the 25th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, all the fat goes to my face. It disgusts me too.

      But thank you for your kind donation!!!

      Delete