Wednesday, May 8, 2013

It's Four-Something AM and I'm Taking a Break

My editor is coming tomorrow to pick up the raw footage. I've been sitting in front of this screen all night, painstakingly going over each take and making notes on every frame. "Doorman is out of focus at the 0:13 mark." "There is a Bud Light logo in frame at the 0:22 mark." "Passer-by looks into camera at 0:40 mark." This is tedious, and completely necessary work. It's how I'm going to communicate which take I want to be in the film to my editor, and also letting him know what he could glaze over to save himself some time.

I plan on pushing through and finishing it before the sun comes up, which is in about an hour. This is, by far, the worst part of the process for me. But it's all worth it, isn't it? Fuck yes. Once the editor picks it up, he'll get to work on the trailer, which should be up in a week or so. And in case you didn't see, here's my first production photo:


#Doorman

No comments:

Post a Comment