Monday, April 21, 2014

Welcome to Chinatown - A Quickie

Here's a conversation I had with a non-guest passer-by who interrupted me while I was mid-sentence with a guest whom I particularly liked:

Rude Jaggoff - "HOW DO I GET TO CHINATOWN?!?!"

Doorman (doesn't look at him) - Excuse me, I'm talking to someone. (back to the guest) So anyway, when you're at CitiField, check out Keith's Grill. It's the best burger in-"

Rude Jaggoff - "EXCUSE ME!"

Guest - "Go ahead, it's fine."

With the guest's blessing, I turn to the Rude Jaggoff.

Doorman - "Yes."

Rude Jaggoff - "HOW DO I GET TO CHINATOWN?!?"

Doorman - "Take the Q train right over here on the corner. Headed downtown. Get out at Canal."

I turn back to my guest.

Doorman - "Make sure you get the Mex Burger, it has jalepen-"

Rude Jaggoff - "AND WHAT DO I DO WHEN I GET OFF THE TRAIN?!?!"

Doorman - "You get off the train and there will be Canal Street. On one side, there will be a big sign, with big bright lights that says, 'Welcome to Chinatown'. The other side of Canal will not have this sign."

I turn back to my guest.

Doorman - "Anyway... the line is a little long, but it's worth-"

Rude Jaggoff - "AND WHICH SIDE DO I GO TO?!?!"

And then he died.


No comments:

Post a Comment