Monday, June 16, 2014

Sarcasm Fail

I didn't post anything last week because I was on vacation and decided to turn my brain off. It was glorious. Now I'm back and working on a bunch of stuff that I'm really excited about. More updates on that later in the week. A new Doorman & the Ladies post is also on the way. 

In the meantime, I was going through some my old writings from when I took a hiatus from this blog. I hated most of it, which is why I took down, but this quickie made me chuckle. It was right around the time when NFL draft prospect Michael Sam came out of the closet. This came from one of our hotel drivers, the type of guy who's incapable of having a conversation that doesn't involve sports. My sarcasm clearly didn't register here:

Chauffeur - “Yo, can you believe they’re letting a gay get drafted into the NFL?”

Doorman - “Yeah, and I hear next year they’ll be able to vote, too.”

Chauffeur - “But, yo, the kid is good! He’s a helluva pass-rusher!”

Doorman - “Oh yeah?”

Chauffeur - “Can you imagine getting tackled by that dude, though?”

Doorman - “Yeah, I heard when they tackle you, they rape you on the spot.”

Chauffeur - “HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!”

He gave me a fist-bump and went back to his car. 

Was I too subtle?



1 comment: