Friday, April 3, 2015

Just the Tips (Episode 3) - Sylvana Joyce

Here's episode 3! I think it's safe to say that this podcast is now a thing. I have no intention of stopping, so please, have a listen to past episodes and get into it. 

My guest today is Sylvana Joyce, lead singer and founder of the kick-ass NYC indie rock band Sylvana Joyce + the Moment. If you've watched the Doorman web series and heard that very catchy song in the opening credits, that's them! Sylvana and I talked about her past survival jobs, which include working as an art model and substitute teacher. I also dug up a painful high school memory or two. It was a lovely and heartfelt conversation, and I can't wait to see what else this working-class hero has in store for us in the future! 

Stay tuned for a new episode this coming Monday, where I commiserate with my roommate about enduring the lifelong struggle that is rooting for the New York Metropolitans. Just in time for MLB Opening Day!

Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment